In July 2023, Turkiye President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and UAE President Mohammad Bin Zayed Al Nahyan signed a series of historic defense deals and memoranda of understanding (MoUs) estimated at $50 billion in Abu Dhabi.
The MoUs signed mostly consist of transfer of technology (TOT), co-development, and license production for unmanned platforms across all domains, short-range air defenses (SHORADs), aerospace cooperation, including the KAAN 5th generation fighter, cyberdefense, space and electronic warfare (EW).
Tactical Report highlights these matters, including:
- The significance of these agreements for the Emirati-Turkish defense relations
- The unmanned platforms considered for cooperation
- A new UAV deal with Baykar
- The Turkish air-launched munitions discussed
- The UAE’s contribution to the KAAN fifth-generation program
- The models of Turkish aircraft engines the UAE wants to localize