Sultan Haitham of Oman arrived in Tehran yesterday (28/5/2023) for a two-day official visit.
Iran’s nuclear file, the security of the Strait of Hormuz, and the Iranian-GCC relations were topics of discussion between Sultan Haitham and Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi.
Tactical Report has prepared a report (509 words) to highlight these matters, including:
- The expected date for the revival of the nuclear file talks
- Omani proposals concerning the nuclear file talks
- Sultan Haitham's views on U.S.-GCC and U.S.-Iranian relations following the Beijing agreement
- The meeting between the Omani Minister of Foreign Affairs Sayyid Badr Bin Hamad Bin Hamood Al-Busaidi and his Iranian counterpart Hossein Amir-Abdollahian
- Abdollahian’s view on the possible result of the upcoming talks with Washington
- The Omani-Iranian discussions to secure shipping lanes
The report also mentions a proposal to establish a high-level Saudi-Iranian security advisory team, its objectives, and the high-level officials it will include.