Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi appointed yesterday (22/5/2023) Ali Akbar Ahmadian as the Secretary of the Supreme National Security Council (SNSC), replacing Ali Shamkhani.
Ahmadian is a veteran commander in Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC).
Tactical Report has prepared a report (462 words) to highlight these matters, including:
- The reasons behind his appointment
- The influence he has on the IRGC command
- The impact of his appointment on the IRGC’s role in decision-making
- His role and duties
- His position on Iran’s relationship with the GCC countries
- His relationship with Iran’s Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei and President Raisi and his subsequent position on the Beijing agreement
The report also highlights Ahmadian's assumed role in the context of Iranian-U.S. relations and his views on Iran’s military presence in the region.