The U.S. and British air and naval forces have targeted Houthi positions in northwestern Yemen, starting on 12/1/2024.
This joint campaign is in response to the Houthi attacks on international shipping, which began in mid-November 2023 in retaliation for Israel’s invasion of Gaza.
Reports from Sanaa suggest the Houthis are admitting that the American and British airstrikes have caused losses in their military capabilities.
Both the U.S. and the Houthis are preparing for a long confrontation and examining multiple contingencies.
The key points provided in the following In-depth report include:
- The targets of seven U.S. and British air strikes against the Houthis in Yemen
- Battle damage assessment of two of these targets
- The Houthi position on the targets attacked by the U.S. and Britain
- The types of weapons admitted by the Houthis to have been destroyed
- U.S. and Houthi preparations for a long confrontation